Friday, February 13, 2009

Vienna: Schonbrunn Palace


The day of my gig in Vienna, I took some time in the morning to visit the fabulous Schonbrunn Palace, "Vienna's Versailles". The Hapsburg emperors of the Austo-Hungarian Empire lived in this huge palace. I toured the right hand side, where the royal apartments are, and let me tell you, its pretty posh. Unfortunately, they did not allow photography inside. I guess you'll just have to settle for the view from the outside...

This is a victory monument for some obscure Austrian battle, and it was built on a hill overlooking the palace.

This is the view from the monument.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I’m the Community Manager of Ruba.com. We’re building a website to highlight some of the most interesting places travelers around the world have discovered. We’ve read hundreds of blogs about Austria, and we think that this post is awesome! We’d love to highlight excerpts from blogs like yours (assuming it’s OK with you of course) and to discuss other ways of tapping into your expertise if you are interested. I’m at erin@ruba.com.
Thanks! :)